Tuesday, August 4, 2015

080415 August CKC Tutorial Post

Welcome to another installment of CKC's
Forgeries on the Fourth!


This month I had a few ideas for counterfeiting from this kit:

http://scrappy-canary.myshopify.com/products/june-scrapbook-kit-globe-trotter

First was this Pink Paislee - Atlas - Altitude paper:
I cut papers from the color scheme into 3/4" strips.


I set them in the asymmetric chevron pattern & added 
punched & glued little yellow stars like the original.
 

Voila!
This could also have been accomplished with washi tape.
 

Next up are the polka dot envelopes.

 I didn't think the kraft color related much to the kit.



The library card envelope was an old forgery!
I definitely think these are more likely to be used
this month than if I had tried this with kraft envelopes.


Last but not least are the slide frame pieces.
I am so thrilled to have a new way to use these!


I chose some inserts from my October Afternoon 
Christmas box stash. They are the perfect sizes.


Can't wait to get busy using all my "new" goodies :~)


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. you are the Queen! Once again, i bow before your forgery expertise! Fabulous paper - looks SO much like the original! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was the original!! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have wonderfully busy hands!! Look at all you've made.... I LOVE your stencilled envelope!! Weeell love all your envelopes and the library pocket! Fabulous frames too! Better than the originals I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nicely done, especially love that you took the time to glue all those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that I thought about making some chevron paper for my own kit - but I'm going to have a good old rummage through my stash first! Love the little frames - they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! The polka dot envelopes are adorable and I never thought of backing the frames with die cut pieces - definitely giving that one a try. The star of the show is definitely the chevron paper - a perfect twin to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had already made my washi tape version of the paper when I came to visit your blog. haha. Great minds, and all that. You inspired me to make a few little envelopes and then pull out my slide frames and stick words behind them. Here I always thought they had to hold photos. Another scrapping boundary bites the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the slider or photo frames. I have such a hard time using them, thanks for sharing.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome