Sunday, February 22, 2015

022215 CKC February Challenge #2

Bethany/Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog sure comes up 
with some interesting creative challenges!

Head over & check out some of the Design Team projects, 
and check out the Mr. Linky posts labeled Challenge #2.

I got my page about 80% finished early on, 
but this is a Layout a Day month so that kind of took over!

I used my forgery of this Basic Gray paper:

 
to capture a day in the life...

...and I used a date stamp to create an hourly countdown of my day in the left hand column. Poor planning left the bottom right hand corner empty so I just kept stamping the dates until it was full.
I printed off a contact sheet of my photos & added them to some punched squares for photo mats.


 The super-large letters spelling "day" in my title were a little blah, 
so I used some background stamps to dress them up with a bit of pattern.
I love how busy & boisterous the title block is. It really represents how my days feel!


Hoping you will find a creative use for your date stamp(s)!
Looking forward to seeing it in the link-up.

Happy scrapping!

5 comments:

  1. This is great! I love how you managed to get your daily life on one page. I think the photo mats are a terrific addition that allow the photographs to tell the story; and, the Z's are a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so cool ! Well done with the date stamp and love the variety of fonts used in the title too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is perfect! Love how you used the stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have sworn that I'd commented before which worries me that I might be missing some other comments :-)

    I love this page and a day in the life is something I miss doing now that I don't do my 12on12 any more - maybe I need to restart that habit! The date stamp is such a great addition to this fun page and it's a great design for all those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome