Saturday, October 4, 2014

100414 CKC October Tutorial

Our kit this month:

I really liked the embellished woodgrain paper.
I considered a few different approaches.
Woodgrain 12x12 stencil for the background?
Painted or fussy-cut paper flowers on woodgrain paper?

Once I had pulled my papers...
... I decided I didn't want a colored woodgrain background.
I did, however, want to keep the translucent quality in the original.
A little fishing expedition in my vellum stash revealed enough
colors that could go with my kit to give it a try.

Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die to the rescue!

I like it! I've also included three bows I made out of burlap
ribbon, raffia, and dyed linen ribbon - easy peasy.

Hope you are inspired to get a little creative & try your hand at counterfeiting!

Leave me some love!

4 comments:

  1. That is too clever! And might find myself counterfeiting your making of bows as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great forging as ever Miss Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever on the forgeries :) Might have to give the fabric bows a try too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper is just crafting genius. Thanks for contributing!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome