Tuesday, July 1, 2014

070114 CKC July Kit Reveal Blog Hop

So good to have you joining us at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, where we love having a rummage through our scrapstash & using up those much loved goodies in a try at passing them off as current product. Our Master Forgers are great at kicking our oldies up a notch & mixing them together in new & exciting ways - be sure to return for the counterfeit tutorials post on the 8th each month.

We are also delighted to welcome former Master Forger Susanne back to the Design Team!

What could be more perfect for Summer than this kit?
Beautiful cool water, green days at the park, brilliant sunsets...
Let's see what's in the Magic Blue Box this month!

Please enjoy looking over my  SWEET SUMMER June kit.


Inspiration papers:

I actually grabbed some of my papers from last month's kit as the color scheme is so similar.
I wasn't particularly keen to use chalkboard paper but I have a page in mind for the hopscotch paper.
I liked the other DCWV for titles, perhaps. I have five forged papers this month.

Here is the rest up close...
The flower & clothespeg are forgeries.

The tag is a forgery.

The packet of Dear Lizzy embellis is the only direct match with the inspiration kit.
A little chuckle - the aqua alphas are 2009 American Craft "Scratch N Sniff"!

Plenty of sparkly pink alphas and the ribbon is a forgery.

And I think I win for the oldest stash this month - 2003 Making Memories stickers. :D

Now to make sure you don't miss anyone on the hop, here's the list:



16 comments:

  1. I love looking inside your blue box and you haven't disappointed!
    A great big kit with lots to play with - have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful variety of goodies there, and I didn't spot that the tag was a forgery. Aren't you good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may need to forge your hopscotch paper! That is totally fabulous! Glad you ended up including the chalkboard pieces. The bright colored papers will really pop against it. Love that black kitty, too! Scratch and sniff letter stickers? I am totally intrigued! LOL! Good for you for including the oldies, but goodies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful selection of goodies! You should have a fun time of it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy!! You have rocked this! Love all those wonderful embellishments!! You've got the colours perfect! I think this is what I'd do first up....go for the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your kit! Oh so glad to see that oldie too cause it sparked a memory that I have something like that in my stash, cool beans:) Love the forgeries too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loads of good stuff in this kit - you'll be having fun with this lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blue box is always such a joy to see and this one is no exception. Great kit full of bright, happy colours and oodles of fun embellies. I think I spy a few cute forgeries too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much loveliness Leslie - love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely kit, great forgery. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leslie, xo from me here in Canada. Hoping 2014 is treating you and hubby well, not to mention those little sweeties :) Love seeing your blue box CKC kits! I'm up late (ahem...I know you understand *wink*) and waiting for paint to dry -- literally. (Paint drying on a scrap page I'm working on...) so I thought I'd drop by :) tomorrow when I'm downstairs in my scrap space, I'm going to look -- I bet I have those same MM stickers, or part of a sheet. Wow! Where did 10 yrs go?!?! ;) hahaha. Can't wait to see what you make! Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! Have missed you so :) Life just keeps happening & I just keep running to keep up. Love you! Email me all your news, dear friend.

      Delete
  12. Sweet kit, Leslie. I too, struggle with chalkboard, but I accept the challenge to master it and make it my own. Have nothing of such a vintage as your older stickers, in my stash, as I only began in 2006. Heading into a heat wave here. I think I will hide out in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooohh look at all the goodness in this kit! I am drooling over those sparkly Martha Stewart alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy yummy yummy. Your kit looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome