Thursday, April 24, 2014

042414 CKC April Member Challenge Bloghop

Oh, goodie!
One of my favorite parts of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog :~D

Each month on the 4th, 12th & 16th we are given a unique challenge.
It's your option which you choose to unveil here at the hop!

This month I chose Challenge #1: Blog Design Challenge:  
Visit each of our Design Team Members and choose a blog design that 
you think you can translate into a scrappy project.  Look at their color scheme, 
theme, or perhaps an element and use that on your card or layout.
 The full list of Design Team member blog links is on the CKC sidebar.

Stephanie's fun & funky blog header caught my eye.


Her header actually became a wonderful sketch for my page.
I was able to incorporate all of the main elements in a quite literal way yet in keeping with my subject.


I used some 6x6 Crate Paper Little Boy Blue papers for my "skyline", 
blinged up my Dear Lizzy sun embellishment, and some sky/clouds/hearts 
washi with punched clouds made dimensional with pop dots.

"Celebrate" became my title intro & Stephanie's sequins morphed into stars.
I hung my photo series on baker's twine with lime chevron washi.
This was a double challenge page as I used blurry photos for the 
Whimsical Musings Challenge #129 from a few weeks ago.

The full title "Celebrate - Today You Are 1"
These photos were from Cooper's first birthday on April 1st.
You might remember that one of my April Fool's statements
was that I have a grandbaby with a birthday on April 1,
and some of you didn't think it was true, hehe...
He was so excited that he kept clapping for himself, a new skill.

I would have loved to do a page from every blog!
It was another really creative challenge that got my mind racing.

Now YOU be sure & make your way through the entire list. Here's the Blog Hop order ...

Jemma   http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
Tina       http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
Isbaha    http://isbahashome.blogspot.fr
Lesley    http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.co.uk
NEXT GO TO:  Kate @ http://kateblue.blogspot.com
Lisa        http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de

Don't miss a thing - always loads of inspiration!
And be sure you post to Mr. Linky when those creative juices get flowing :~) 

13 comments:

  1. A truly stunning page - I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout - so typically your style but I can certainly see the inspiration design in there! And you used blurry photos too - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous. I love the header,so cute and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulius page to celebrate that very special first birthday, Stephanie has inspired quite a few of us this month it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute 1st Birthday LO and what an inspiration to use u did an excellent job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful LO.. a perfect representation of the blog.. which I chose for the hop too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius interpretation of Stephanie's header.
    Brilliant layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first response was ....oooooo.... amazing layout! Beautiful inspiration from Stephanie's blog! I am still absorbing your layout!

    Darling photos, too!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant page, so much fun, love how you've been inspired by Stephanie's blog and what a clever way to use those little cut-apart cards - I've had that sheet for ages, cutting out one or two and "saving it for special", but they look brilliant all together like that, really cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Extremely creative with YOUR skyline....love that Crate Paper and your banner work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page - what a clever use of the tiled patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome