Sunday, March 16, 2014

031614 CKC March Challenge #3

CKC Challenge #3 Add TEXTURE to your layout

Wow! I know it doesn't sound like it, but this turned out to be a TOUGH challenge for me.
I have hit a bit of a cold patch in my scrap mojo lately & just couldn't get focused.


Fortunately (as always) my KIT came to the rescue!


Plenty of printed texture on the flower patterned paper, the embossed piece 
gives dimension along with the torn edge of the watercolor counterfeit.
Add some staples for sleek & shiny metallic texture.


I still had a piece of Sticky-Back Canvas on my desk from last month's kit.
I stamped my title letters, cut out the strip & then sprayed with Dylusions Ink Spray.
I was trying to pick up a color close to the denim in the photos.


The pink peeling painted wood patterned paper holds it's own in the mix,
but a little stamp action kicks it up a notch along with a lace doily with baker's twine.
Crumpling the doily a bit before adhering just gives one more layer of dimension.


A sprinkling of wood veneer is just icing on the cake!


5 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous. I love your cut out letters and the white embossed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it isn't as much fun when the page doesn't just come together, but you did manage to put create a lovely layout. Love the way the baker's twine is threaded in the doily and your many textural element like the embossed white paper. Hoping your mojo comes back soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. considering you say your mojo is MIA right now, you did an amazing job here - so much texture, so much to see, so much dimension and so much loveliness on one layout really proves you took this challenge and went for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout and I love hoe you've created your alphas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh I have some canvas printer paper somewhere ... must dig that out and give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome