Sunday, April 7, 2013

040613 CKC April Kit - Basically Grayt!

Oh, how I love to play at the Counterfeit Kit Club
And this month's inspiration kit, the Gossamer Blue March kit, was so very inspiring :~)



I tackled the papers first.
Loved the Glitz hearts...



...& braided stripes.

This took me a lot longer to figure out how to do it than to actually do it, lol.
I only had one piece of the paper so I copied it letter size, which dictated how long of a stretch I could braid.

Shall we peek at what else is in the Magic Blue Box?





 There was an extra black add-on kit which I thought would be terrific.


BG Aged & Confused Raspberry Blue
& Lemonade
Authentique Blissful collection
Heidi Swapp Traditional

*CF* Hearts
*CF* Braided Stripes

BG Hello Luscioius Succulent
Bella Blvd Baby Boy sticker sheet

MME Bramble Rose creamy chevron
The Paper Studio Wood Fence Lime Green

MME Mischievous What a Hoot (B side)
BG Nook & Pantry Tea Cakes

*CF* Washi Border with Title Block (oops - forgot to include this one)
The Girls' Paperie by Margie On Holiday
 
BG Konnichiwa Mt Fuji
Fancy Pants Lilac House Chamomile
(random) stars
Crate Paper Little Bo Peep Charlotte

Lots of Basic Gray paper in my kit (hence the name) & some papers chosen with my grandbabies in mind.

Meet Cooper Lewis, born April Fool's Day (no kidding!) - 7 lbs 4 oz, 20 in long.
And yes, he has gorgeous dimples & a really sweet smile *sigh*
We are truly, abundantly blessed, praise the Lord.
(Lincoln says, shhh, the baby's sleeping)
Happy scrapping!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandbaby! He's adorable!

    I *LOVE* your hearts paper. I am totally going to have to try this too! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! (And I'm smacking my head with a total "Now, why didn't I think of that!?!" )

    Your kit looks great too. Gotta love BG!

    Tish a/k/a GaMtnScrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Magic Blue Box never disappoints! Love the way you put the question marks over the top. What a beefy kit full of so many goodies. Were you really able to fit the whole kit in that box? You are truly a master at crafting your own products. Braiding that paper is genius and the heart paper is totally do-able. Definitely think I need to make that one up and add it to my kit. Have fun creating some wonderful layouts (especially grandbaby ones!) with this kit. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your Grandson!! what an incredible kit....fantastic!!! Brilliantly forged papers and so many lovely bits and bobs to choose from ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new little one, he's adorable.

    Great kit, love the elephant stamp and how you did that hearts paper - wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't really expect me to comment on your kit once I've seen that adorable little bundle, right? Welcome, Cooper. I suspect you will be the star of many a scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for giving me a DUH! moment on the braided paper. like your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xoxo welcome to Earth, Cooper!!! Oh my goodness, life is good! What a blessing! Xoxo Congrats, Leslie! Heidi P.S. Always love a glimpse of what is in the magic blue box. :). Thanks for the peek! Hoping you have seen more of spring there in MI than us here in Ontario....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a new grandbaby!!! Looooove the kit - especially your beautiful heart DIY paper! Also, I've been trying to leave comments on your Flickr photos but it won't let me. Not sure what is happening, but I looooove your layouts. The commuting page is wonderful - a great take on daily life. The orange/blue layout is stunning. Love how the pictures just jumps right off the page! Fabulous work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And as far as the kit goes? Awesome! I love your heart paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. On the kit, I just have to say, WOW! Pure genius on counterfeiting that stripe paper! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the new sweet grandbaby! LOVE this kit for so many reasons; one being the fact that you had a heart punch and made the Glitz paper yourself...I hunted high & lo in my stash but did not have that punch! Also, love the elephant stamps and the black add on kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stitched hearts - I have pinned this for future refernece! Your whole kit looks fabulous too, the elephant stamp is really cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new grandbaby! He is adorable. :)
    Love, love, love your kits-especially the heart paper. I can't wait to counterfeit YOUR paper! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new grandbaby! He is adorable. :)
    Love, love, love your kits-especially the heart paper. I can't wait to counterfeit YOUR paper! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leslie, I'm so sorry I haven't been over here as much as I'd like recently! Of course, I've seen the delightful Cooper on some of your pages but actually missed the announcement so huge congrats from this side of the pond. How gorgeous he is.

    Your kit was really amazing and you rock the counterfeit papers! Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome