Saturday, May 19, 2012

Where did this week go?

Wow! It's hard to believe that I haven't been here since Monday. But I have been creating.


My dad had an incessant sense of humor. This layout was about a conversation my aunt (his sister) had with him on his wedding day. When she asked if he & my mom had a song, he said, Yes - Mr. Wonderful (hahaha!) The LOAD challenge was to scrap someone else's story, so this fit the bill. I do wish I had either shifted the title over or the journaling block down - oh, well. Finished is better than perfect!

I also used this page for our Whimsical Musings challenge this week to do a Lisa-inspired cluster. I feel like part of my struggle in doing the clusters is the background work - the layering & detailing. I chose a number of papers to try with this layout:

Yes! That big butterfly is purple foil, lol! But I loved the sketchy stuff in the background so it got to stay in my stash. That K & Company flowers/hearts pack was a real deal - the photo shows what was left after my layout! I really wish I had gotten off my franny & found my crochet twine for a laced detail around the buttons and maybe one of Lisa's signature loose twine details - may have to add those later...

Next was a quickie page - had a 3 photo lifted layout that I was working from so I had chosen the photos, but wasn't really sure what color direction I wanted to go in.



































The background paper is actually from a Christmas collection, but you'd never know it. I rummaged through the border drawer, then chose some happy letters for my Sunshine layout.

Today I combined the Day 17 LOAD inspiration "Cartoon" with Day 18 "Smell" & documented this funny conversation between my boss, Jean & I using my lovely French Connection CKC kit.


































Letting the patterned paper do the work! I love how this turned out :~)

Tomorrow's challenge (today's???) is to repeat something from today's layout - uh-oh!

1 comment:

  1. Just adore all of your creations. I feel like I am getting to know your Dad through your layouts. Love that Aunie was able to share that story with you. And those paper doll dresses? How adorable! Does your boss appreciate your scrappiness? You'll have to bring it in to show to her! From a blogging standpoint, I love the way you show us your thought process and the steps along the way. Perhaps when we are not in the frantic LOAD mode, I will attempt to do that as well. It provides really great insight.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome