Monday, May 7, 2012

Up Close & Personal

Have I said yet that I am so thrilled to be here as Guest Designer this month?
I never imagined how doing Counterfeit Kits would super-charge my scrapping output. Just being able to reach into the box & pull out all sorts of goodies makes my stash seem new & inspiring. Limiting what I have at hand by "stealing" a kit allows me to use so much more of all the wonderful things I've collected. And I'm encouraged in a new creative direction by making my own knock-offs of on-trend items.

Here is the "tres chic" Studio Calico City of Lights May inspiration kit.



I think I will have to break down & buy that adorable stencil lettering guide page. Look what I saved that someone (I wish I could credit) did with it:



And as if the main kit wasn't lovely enough we have 4 add-on kits to steal from!



Some of the first bits that caught my eye for my French Connection kit were the punched tags - easy peasy! I expect to use them for cluster bases or journaling spots. The kraft scroll frames with white accents in the Montmarte add-on came off just as quickly - just punch & doodle. The Louvre add-on had pennants - a popular accent lately - and I had the perfect stamp to use along with some fancy toothpicks from Cracker Barrel to finish them off in style. I was so happy to see sequins as part of the Sorbonne add-on as a few months ago I bought every color in the store!


And just for fun I also made these mini punched-out tags.


Then these sweet little folded notes for discreet journaling like the envelopes on the Versailles add-on.


And some journaling cards I had already made up from a stamp set to boost my Smash pad stash (say THAT five times fast!) Also found these great conversation bubbles at Office Max last month - perfect to counterfeit the ones peeking out from the Louvre add-on...


Don't forget to share your kit at CKC!




4 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun additions to be working with. I think that alphabet stencil page is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I really liked it used as paper as I showed, but one of the Design Team Master Counterfeiters laminated hers so she could actually stencil with it over & over - so smart (but tedious!)
      Thanks for visiting :~)

      Delete
  2. Great counterfeiting Leslie - I am pinning those little punched tags - I've stamped on them before, and added punched shapes before, but never thought of punching through them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your extras. They are awesome. Some great counterfeiting going on. I don't have any little punches anymore...we lost lots of our belongings in a fire in 2010 and then the rest of my small punches I ended up giving away to a little girl just beginning to scrap. I will have to do this with my Cameo (poor me, right??? LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome