Saturday, May 12, 2012

Regrouping

Well, the best laid plans of mice & men...

Supposed to go to the Megameet yesterday in Novi, but baby Lincoln had a really rough night (I found out at 3:30 am with a desperate phone call) & I was needed as mama's caregiver instead. Everyone is recharged & new plans have been laid.

Another big disappointment was that my LOAD layout was just NOT coming together - loved the idea but I took it too literally, and got stuck waiting for glitter to dry, etc... finally gave in & got in bed at a decent hour.

The prompt was to be inspired by a cereal box! Well, we don't keep our cereal in the box but in canisters. I remembered, though, that I had bought something recently and loved the packaging so on the hunt I went. I tried to capture some of the basics that I liked: clean graphic style, lovely little cluster accents, and room for some journaling below.

Isn't this cute?


Not my favorite layout by a long shot, but sooner or later during LOAD I do it all the way I planned & it falls flat. I am not happy when I get too literally inspired, and it's good to be reminded of that! Onward...but this will need a rehab...stay tuned :~)

My big save was working from my French Connection kit - so nice to have my choices narrowed down ahead of time - I seem to always be able to find something that will work! It is fun to work with limits.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you learned some things here about yourself and that's always positive! Next time you encounter a prompt like this, you'll know to pass or really keep it loose. Knowing you, I know this will be bugging you until you rehab it! I'm sure you'll find something you are happy with and like I said on flickr...if you're still not lovin' it, at least Aunie's story will have been told. Carry on, Miss Leslie!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome